Fear, it can be gripping, intense and paralysing to our entire being. Every one of us has experienced it at some time in our lives, and for some many, many times. However, if we surrender to it and draw upon our innate resource of wisdom through our higher selves, we are able to be present and can then move forward, fearlessly.
Our emotions can often fall somewhere between a state of fear and trust, therefore the opposite of Fear is Trust… Faith and ultimately, Love.
Some tools in which to deal with the immediate impact of fear, connect with our true selves and resolve fear to trust include;
1) Breathe, relax and affirm you are safe. This will reduce adrenalin and anxiety, then you’ll then be able to think more clearly and make rational decisions, if necessary.
2) Surrender. Choose to let the fear go.
3) Remember who you are. You are a wise being. Inside us all resides a gentle, yet powerful soul.
4) Connect with your higher & true self and take back your power.
5) Connect with Pure Divine Love. No matter whether you follow a certain religion or spiritual faith, connect with your God source – that which brings you comfort and peace. Perhaps pray/ask for spiritual assistance, then be open to the guidance you receive.
6) Be present. The past is the past, the future yet to come, be ‘in the now’ moment.
7) Change your perspective. Detach from the situation and see the truth surrounding your fear. Is it a real threat, or a perceived one?! Are there any positive actions you need to take?
8) Apply energy releasing techniques – Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) – tapping, acupressure, time spent in nature, chakra/aura cleansing and meditation.
9) Remember everything is exactly as it’s meant to be and that we experience things as opportunities for our souls to grow and evolve.
10)Talk to someone you trust – be it a friend, neighbour, family member, or professional counsellor, you don’t have to go it alone – there will always be someone who is able to assist you.
Once we’ve decided to release the fear and its subsequent paralysing grip it often has on us, we can shift our focus to the opposite; trust, faith and love – in the hope of reducing the intensity and frequency of any future fears.
When we surrender completely, it opens us up to trusting; in ourselves, our God and the Universe.
Begin by knowing yourself more intimately – like you would a new best friend and ensure you are completely honest with yourself. You are far wiser than you may realise, so start to really love and trust yourself, unconditionally.
Trust builds further through a connection with God. As with all relationships, it’ll grow over time and requires effective communication. Discover how the Divine communicates with you and be open to receive the loving messages and guidance sent your way.
As you develop trust in yourself and the Divine, you easily begin to trust in the Universe, and adapt to live in harmony with others and the world around you.
We ALL have access to the Divine, whether you believe in a higher presence or not. It’s up to you to ascertain what your ‘God’ source means to you. I believe deep down we all connect with our own Divine source, especially as I’ve heard many an atheist openly pray to God when all else seems lost, to intense or fails for them! Nevertheless, it doesn’t have to be the final straw before you seek assistance from the Divine, there’s no job to big or small and everyone’s prayers WILL be answered – if only you are open to receive!
Knowing that the Divine’s ‘got your back’ will often be enough for us to remain in a trusting state. However, along with our faith it’s imperative that we simultaneously remain grounded and present.
Ah, love. We can’t see, touch, hear, taste or smell it directly, but we know it exists because we can feel it! We’ve all felt fear, but we’ve also all felt love and just as we all have access to the Divine, we also have access to love! Plus, in reality God IS Love and you are able to connect with the love that’s present in and around you, at all times.
Trust, Faith and Love combined and intensified can provide an atmosphere within us that leaves no space for fear. By spending a little time each day, on your own in quiet reflection, you can connect with your higher self and the Divine. This will also build resistance to fear as you strengthen your trust, faith and love – in yourself and your world.
From this time on, choose to surrender your fears and give them no authority over you. Instead focus upon trust, faith, love and your own wisdom to bring you peace and empowerment, in every moment.
Featured Photo Credit : www.thrive80.com
Photo by: www.ginacphotography.com.au
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Clare Evans is an Australian based Holistic Healer and Writer who ‘Leads by example, Teaches through experience and Heals with love’… She has a bright, loving nature and is personally and professionally led by her passions – spirit & energy, healing & personal growth, and empowering others.
After being diagnosed with cancer in 2007 at the age of 30, Clare underwent chemotherapy as well as embarking on her own intense journey of self discovery, healing and growth. As the authentic Clare emerged, she began to follow her destiny in a grounded and balanced way and now assists others with the knowledge and skills gained from study, as well as personally – through many of her own life’s lessons and experiences.
Through her first iTunes album: ‘Pure Meditation’ and her writings, Clare continues to live her vision in assisting others all over the world, in their own healing, personal growth and empowerment.